Pool Guys Reading List: If you like reading here is my top favorites
I am an avid book reader and it is my number one hobby. I watch no television and spend my free time reading books of all kinds. Here are the books I love in various categories. If your not a reader start today, it will expand your mind and creativity and you will learn something valuable in the process. I have read well over 2,000 books on many subjects.
Self-Help & Finance
I am by faith a Christian and I am also into personal growth. Even if you are non-religous you will find some of these suggestions to your liking. Also on this list are some financial resources and educational books.
1. The Life Recovery Bible by Steven Arterburn
2. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
3. People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck
4. Forgiving the Unforgivable by Dr. David Stoop
5. Boundries by Dr. Henry Cloud
6. Every Man's Battle by Steven Arterburn
7. Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
8. Stop Acting Rich by Thomas Stanley
9. Outliers: The Story of Sucess by Malcolm Gladwell
10. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
By far my favorite subject to read. I am especially drawn to WWII as my Grandfather is a Pearl Harbor survivor. So anything that deals with the past is something I will read.
Jeff Shaara: He writes history in the first person perspective and all of his novels are historically accurate and at the same time enjoyable to read. His Civil War novels (started by his father) are by far the best. If you don't enjoy history I suggest you try these books and you will start to enjoy history.
David McCullough: Probably the best known history researcher and writer of our time. His books are detailed in the extreme but the writing is not at all boring. If you have time on your hands pick up one of his books - some are very long but all are highly enjoyable. I've read almost all of his books.
Stephen E. Ambrose: A great WWII historian and many of his book are classics like "Band of Brothers." He is a prolific writer of all things WWII and you will find his writing style very engaging. He does extensive research and you can tell by the details in his books.
Fantasy & Sci-Fi:
I grew up reading Science Fiction books so this is a category that I really love. Most of the more popular books are now Teen Fantasy but they are still entertaining and enjoyable. Here is a list of my favorite books and favorite series:
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
2. Dune by Frank Herbert
3. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
4. Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan
5. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
6. The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
8. The Cronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
9. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolken
10. The Dragon Riders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey